Project Lead Engineer
MSA Manufacturing Ltd is a bespoke producer of machine and kit cut composite core and reinforcement materials. We are a key supplier to a number of prestigious companies and are now looking for a Project Lead Engineer to join our team. Salary will be dependent on experience of candidate.
The successful candidate will have a responsibility to ensure customer requirement is transformed into an engineering package which can be delivered by MSA. In this exciting, forward facing, pivotal role the candidate would get to work across multiple industry sectors gaining awareness of the unique composite techniques and solutions deployed.
- Liaise with customers on site & over the phone to derive the project initiation spec.
- Create CAD models, Technical drawings and work instructions critical to process.
- Manipulate customer CAD and prepare it for other to CAM Program
- Facilitate Design for Manufacture of all internal products
- Create and maintain finished product Bills Of Materials in a SAP based MRP.
- Liaise with all internal departments to maintain a smooth transit of work packages
- To proactively identify and suggest and implement improvements.
- Visit and review with customers, MSA products then communicate potential improvements back to the team for implementation.
- Support the engineering manager admin tasks.
- Leading the engineering on customer ECRs whilst liaising with an internal Project Manager to ensure the customer requirement is met.
- Must be Skilled at Parametric & surface modelling ( Spaceclaim, Solidworks, Rhino)
- Strong project management skills
- Good document and paperwork management
- A high level of attention to detail & computer literacy
- Experience of composite material manufacturing
- Fluent using Microsoft office ( Excel, word and outlook)
- Qualified in a related Engineering discipline to degree level
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in process improvement
- An understanding of CAM and CNC control
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays + birthday holiday
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Reward Gateway & Retail Discount scheme
- Salary: Competitive and dependent upon experience